FUTURE

How many of us are living in fear of taking a leap into flight? A leap into flight out of our comfort zones? Into a new job, a new love, pursuing a passion without a way of knowing the outcome?
This fear, often times, keeps us caged in like birds who are too afraid to fly.
We tell ourselves many lies; convincing ourselves this cage is protecting us from the disappointments, hurts, and of possible failures that may happen if we decide to take that leap. So, we sit as caged birds and daydream of what could be.
What happens if we DO decided to take the leap? What if we DO decide to flap our wings and fly out of that cage?
Some of us will fly, landing safely at our destinations. Some of us will fly, falling short of our destinations. But ALL of us will have conquered the fear of taking the scariest leap of all, deciding to be brave and facing the wind. ALL of us will have experienced flying. Most importantly, ALL of us will have a story about our uncaged journey. What we do with our stories is up to us.
If you are one who has fallen short of your destination, remind yourself that you were at least brave enough to take the risk to fly. Remember, caged birds only daydream. Get back up, flap your wings, and create new adventures

RELATED POSTS FOR YOU TO ENJOY!

If You Can Change Your Mind, You Can Change Your Life – William James
May 26, 2017

True Happiness Involves the Full Use of One’s Power and Talents – John W. Gardner
May 25, 2017

Life Is the Art of Living With Uncertainty Without Being Paralyzed by Fear – Dr. W. Dillon
May 24, 2017

105 COMMENTS
← Older Comments

Marie Therese
March 4, 2016 at 12:59 AM
“Caged birds only daydream”…what a truthful, beautiful line. Dreams that always and only stay inside a cage will make us discontented, insecure, afraid (like you said) and comfortable (the worst!) where we are. Thanks for a great post, now I have to be sure I get out of my cage today and spread those dreams a little bit

beebettertomorrow
March 15, 2016 at 7:19 PM
Great post! It’s about the journey – the goal is to continue working towards improvement everyday. When we get caught up in the plan, the preconceptions, expectations, and focusing on what might have been – we get into trouble. I just focus on making today better than yesterday!

lanabloom
March 23, 2016 at 3:43 AM
Beautiful and inspirational – thank you!

Brain4Rent/THoH
March 24, 2016 at 5:40 AM
This one of my favorite quotes. and a wonderful post about it …One thought from me – as writers we are more fortunate than others – at least when we fail miserably it makes a great story, so we should be among the most adventuresome…keep flying The Seeds of Life

PanicMan
March 28, 2016 at 9:27 PM
After eight years of staying at a job solely because I’m comfortable in the misery, I have a second interview at what I hope will be a fantastic new job tomorrow. Yeah, I’m scared. But I can do this. Thank you, very apropos for me at this time.

amircampbell
April 1, 2016 at 12:24 PM
Awesome, this is perfect for a person who wants to achieve success but is blinded by fear, more proof that where you focus is where you land:)

sarahjlewisbriggs
April 4, 2016 at 2:08 PM
I love this. So, so true. I flew – I crashed. But at least I flew!

bantleart
April 6, 2016 at 11:14 AM
This can apply to so many areas of life – personal, business, emotional… Thanks so much for the intriguing discussion on a very interesting topic.

The Author.
April 7, 2016 at 1:03 AM
Very well written article! Thanks for sharing

CF6
April 8, 2016 at 8:27 PM
I like this quite a bit. It’s a good reminder that, even if I’m not writing as often as I’d like to be and even if I’m not quite where I’d imagined – I’ve taken some great strides toward my goals and I’ve stepped out in faith. I needed that reminder today!

maryrensberry
April 14, 2016 at 5:41 PM
If I fall, I know there is only up to go! Love your inspiration and insight.

Linda
April 16, 2016 at 12:47 AM
A great way to inspire us all. If we don’t fly, we’ll only see our world from the ground. How much more wonderful to see it from above!
I often dream I can fly; all I have to do in my dream is run fast, flap my arms and there I am … perhaps I shouldn’t be disappointed when I wake up after all; I can still fly …

knlistman
April 19, 2016 at 8:05 PM
I have tried and failed to chase dreams; I survived, so I still do it. Strangely i find it actually gets scarier as I get older, and feel frailer and really want somebody to fall back on.

Keianna
April 22, 2016 at 1:28 PM
WOW! What an encouraging blog post. I had a situation this week where I almost allowed fear to stop me in my tracks. I had an acting audition (my very first acting gig) for a part at a local university. The first part of the audition went well, however the second part of the audition I had to submit a video of me reciting the script through memory. I was so scared. I began to doubt myself. I wanted to give up but I did not. I have not received the result of my audition, but I am very proud of myself that I studied my lines and submitted my video. I am very happy.

forgivingjournal
April 25, 2016 at 5:18 PM
Thank you!! I am definitely FLYING – and continuing to choose it & to love myself through it. ❤

Sue Ellen Allen
April 25, 2016 at 6:30 PM
Getting ready to take the road less travelled, to jump off a cliff and soar. . .or at least flap my wings and stir up some dust. And I’m 70. Thanks for the message.

Wendy
April 29, 2016 at 1:11 AM
It’s taken me a long time and lots of pain – I’ve taken the leap and am now mid flight – not sure where my destination will be…. Thanks for this post – I feel better about being ‘mid-flight’ now!

Cynthia Reyes
April 29, 2016 at 9:44 AM
How lovely and reassuring.

K@countingpenniesandsheep
May 5, 2016 at 12:49 PM
i tweeted!:)

Jodie
May 5, 2016 at 3:25 PM
Wonderful thought! Everybody faces this fear, at a certain point.. must be brave but it worth it! hug

Tiana
May 11, 2016 at 12:42 PM
Beautiful

Tiana
May 11, 2016 at 12:43 PM
Don’t let the fear of falling keep you from flying

jgpfeiff
May 18, 2016 at 11:18 AM
reading is above the clouds….writing is erasing the storm with the plume.

Ngobesing Romanus
May 21, 2016 at 1:19 PM
Another inspiring post. Keep shining. A lot of people are drawing inspiration from you.

dfolstad58
July 13, 2016 at 2:08 PM
You do a lot right on your blog. Interesting photography, thought provoking writing. Concise posts that readers can absorb the point quickly. In my opinion the font chosen for the post is harder to read than others, that is my observation. thanks for visiting my blog, I also looked at the quotes section. Wow – lots of good stuff in there.

TheSeeds4Life
July 13, 2016 at 3:09 PM
Thanks @dfolstad58 – Appreciate the kind words! Yes, well we wanted our font choice to be a little different. We want it to feel more like a journal entry, stand out a bit. We feel it’s a good mix between creative and readability. Thanks again!

pamela tagadaya-yu
March 17, 2017 at 12:20 AM
this blog is so wonderful it says it all
Your email address will not be published.

Name

Website

Notify me of follow-up comments by email.

Notify me of new posts by email.

WOULD YOU LIKE A RANDOM SEED? SIMPLY CLICK ANY PICTURE BELOW

ALWAYS STAY INSPIRED! FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL AND NEVER MISS A POST!
Enter your email address to subscribe to TheSeeds4Life and receive notifications of new posts via email.
Email Address
Email Address
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK COMMUNITY!

THE DAILY SEED

Why the Different Path Can Help You Be Successful

Popular
Recent
Comments

DISCLAIMER
This site is not intended to provide and does not constitute medical, legal, or other professional advice. The content on TheSeeds4Life.com is designed to support, not replace, medical or psychiatric treatment. Please seek professional care if you believe you may have a condition. Before using this site, please read our Privacy Policy, our Terms and Conditions, and our Affiliate Disclosure

What If I Fall? Oh, but My Darling What If You Fly? – Erin Hanson
August 8, 2015

The Fears We Don’t Face Become Our Limits – Robin Sharma
April 29, 2016

There Are No Shortcuts to Any Place Worth Going – Beverly Sills
April 29, 2015

How I Rediscovered Myself
February 7, 2016

Every Day Is a Blank Page and You Hold the Pen – Unknown
March 21, 2016

You Can Never Return Mistakes, but You Can Exchange Regret for Looking towards the Future – B.G.
July 23, 2015

So Far You’ve Survived 100% of Your Worst Days. You’re Doing Great – Unknown
April 22, 2016

Your Big Opportunity May Be Right Where You Are Now – Napoleon Hill
May 14, 2015

The Four Steps of Personal Transformation
January 27, 2017

Change Your Thoughts and You Will Change Your World – Norman Peale
June 13, 2015
Copyright © 2016 TheSeeds4Life | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Affiliate Disclosure
This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We’ll assume you’re ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish.Accept Read MorefSumo